About the job
We're looking for a marketing assistant with previous experience in a similar role, to tell everyone about our great projects and services. You will have worked in marketing for a year or more and hold a professional qualification or degree in marketing. You will be able to demonstrate exposure to and use of the full marketing mix with a focus on content creation and managing digital channels.
Strong organisational skills are key and being able to work with minimal supervision. The role also requires regular interaction with customers as well as senior management, colleagues and contractors, so the right person should be comfortable communicating at all levels.
You will be part of a dynamic team and have the full support of your colleagues. Reporting to the Sales & Marketing Director, you will be expected to take ownership of assigned projects, deliver to sometimes tight deadlines and report on activity and campaign success.
A strong skill set in digital technologies, website content management, CRM and social media is key to success in this role, along with copywriting and content creation.
The role will be primarily based at our office in Stoke-on-Trent, but due to the nature of our business will involve national travel and nights away, where required to attend project sites, head office and events. Whilst most works will be during normal weekday working hours, working at weekends or evenings may be required from time to time when attending exhibitions, etc.
Range of responsibilities
- Manage all social media channels including Website, LinkedIn, Twitter, YouTube and Instagram.
- Help generate sales enquiries for the business through targeted marketing activities.
- Manage the company newsletter.
- Coordinate targeted direct mail initiatives.
- Implement and manage customer satisfaction surveys
- Maintain accuracy, relevance and history of customer databases.
- Collate and publish marketing statistics and share success stories across the business.
- Prepare sales packs and meeting and event materials.
- Manage company's participation in and attendance at external events and exhibitions.
- Prepare invitation lists, monitor responses and generally prepare and collate event data.
- Perform market and internal research when requested and suggest initiatives.
- Strong organisational & communication skills
- Ability to take complete ownership of tasks
- Comfortable with meeting deadlines and managing workload effectively
- Experience of digital marketing channels, content creation & management
- Degree level qualification in marketing preferable
- Previous experience in a marketing role
- Sound knowledge of all Office software (Excel, Outlook, Word etc)
Posted on April 03, 2018